In this lesson module, we will explore authentic voice, point of view, tense and syntax through the process of rewriting and revision. As you complete the following lessons, work at your own pace. Take your time. Some of the lessons will ask you to create new drafts and some lessons will ask you to work with drafts you’ve already written.
One on One, Individualized Feedback
At the end of each lesson, you will have the opportunity to submit your work for individualized, one on one feedback if you wish to do so. This feedback will include both developmental and line edits as well as end notes. Your One on One feedback will also include email conferencing with your editor.
- Syntax and Cadence: Bringing Out Your Artistic Prose
- Present Tense or Past Tense? Which Is Authentic to Your Narrative?
- The Art of Syntax and Diction in Creating Scene and Atmosphere: Angela Carter
- Point of View, Body Narrative and Jamaica Kincaid
- Narrative Voice with Alice Munro and Ernest Hemingway
- Using Point of View Shifts to Explore Narratives: O'Connor, McCarthy, Munro and Carver
- Authentic Voice & F. Scott Fitzgerald's Advice on "the price" of Being a Writer