In this submission guidelines course, you will learn from published authors, editors and instructors on how to follow the Universal Manuscript Format. You will explore why following individual journal guidelines is so very important to the success of your works. You will also receive behind the scenes advice from editors. Join published authors and editors from Eckleburg, Nervous Breakdown, Baltimore Review and more!
We also offer an excellent Literary Matchmaking Workshop with Danielle Lanzet of Chris Calhoun Agency in NYC, where Danielle will mentor you personally in making your novel, collection, memoir, etc. manuscripts, queries and synopses to agents and editors the best they can be.
Submission Guidelines Goals
- Identify the practical benefits of following submission guidelines;
- Strengthen knowledge of journals, agent queries, workshops and the submission process;
- Improve on the techniques of the professional submission process so that you make the best first impression;
- Understand what literary agents want when reading your query letter and manuscript;
- Identify resources and strategies for seeking publication, acquiring a book contract and working with marketing professionals.